Selling a House: Quick and Dirty
Selling a house is a great opportunity, but can be a pain. Here are a few tips to help you through the process. For more in-depth information, checkout Selling a House: Step-by-Step
- Hire Help
- Few states require you to hire a real estate agent or attorney, but doing so can pay dividends in time and money.
- Asking Price
- Know the market and know your needs. Do you want to sell quickly, or potentially wait to get the best price?
- Prepare the Property
- By making the place look its best, you can make money and save time. Defect disclosure requirements vary by state.
- Advertise and Evaluate Offers
- Advertise through the MLS and your Realtor, and when an offer comes in, consider the contingencies, terms as well as the purchase price.
- Get through the offer/counter-offer phase, the inspections, review and complete all documents, and vacate the premises by the closing date!